Established in 1919 with currently 95 employees Norbev is a family business that attributes its success as a leading soft drinks manufacturer to its strong heritage and values which have remained at the core for nearly 20 years.
What Norbev did
In 2011, Norbev decided to proactively take measures to improve its environmental performance and along with ISL Waste Management Ltd devised a three year plan to revolutionise both its dry and wet waste usage and cost.
With environmental improvement objectives embedded in the core business strategy, Norbev recognized that buy in was needed at every level of the business. Norbev therefore, created a new role for a full time Environmental Manager whose core responsibility was to analyze and implement environmental improvement procedures across the company.
Through training and effective communication Norbev ensured every employee was engaged in working toward continuous improvement in all operations of the business and as result the company achieved the international standard ISO14001 for its EMS in 2012.
The outcomes and impacts
- Annual savings of £30,000 plus allowed Norbev to recruit two new employees in Waste operative roles
- Zero waste to landfill achieved
- Waste removal costs reduced annually by over £20,000
- Residual waste now used in Refuse Derived Fuel
- Invested over £4,000 on internal environmental training since 2011
To find out more, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org