Age-Inclusive Learning Network online workshops | Age-Inclusive Recruitment
The Age-Inclusive Learning Network brings professionals with an interest in age inclusion together online, to hear and share best practice, share learning, network and to hear from a topic expert speaker covering issues such as menopause, recruitment, retirement, pensions and savings, and positive aging.
30 Nov 2022
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
This workshop includes:
Systematic, fair and objective recruitment and selection procedures increase the likelihood that the most suitable persons will be appointed, and significantly reduce the possibility that unlawful discrimination will occur. Focusing specifically on the issue of age discrimination, this webinar will examine various aspects of the recruitment and selection process and aims to provide employers with practical guidance and support for avoiding unlawful discrimination. We will examine each of the following areas:
- Recruitment and selection and the law
- Advice on developing an effective policy and procedure
- Avoiding common pitfalls when recruiting staff
- Practical examination of key aspects of the recruitment and selection process
- Case law and key learnings
- Good practice guidance
There are a range of topic-specific workshops available and participants can register for one or multiple sessions. Please see below for details on the series.
- Pensions and Savings | 28 September 2022 | 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Positive Aging | 26 October 2022 | 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Age-Inclusive Recruitment | 30 November 2022 | 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Age Discrimination | 25 January 2023 | 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
Each workshop lasts a maximum of 2 hours and can host a maximum of 15 businesses. Each business can appoint two participants.
Registration for the Network will be confirmed upon completion of the Age-Inclusive Business Audit. This tool takes approximately 25 minutes to complete and will give participants an insight into their organisation’s strengths in relations to age inclusion, and identify potential gaps. Each participant will receive a short, confidential report.