Age-Inclusive Learning Network online workshops | Guidance for HR professionals to support their staff that have caring responsibilities
The Age-Inclusive Learning Network brings professionals with an interest in age inclusion together online, to hear and share best practice, share learning, network and to hear from a topic expert speaker covering issues such as menopause, recruitment, retirement, pensions and savings, and positive aging.
24 May 2023
11:00 am - 12:30 pm
Caregiver stress can be particularly damaging, since it is typically a chronic, long-term challenge. This workshop will give HR professionals practical guidance on supporting their staff that have caring responsibilities. Many people have responsibilities for other people, and sometimes this duty can become extremely stressful and demanding. This Learning Network will support HR professionals to take effective care towards their employees and also themselves in regards to caring responsibilities.
There are a range of topic-specific workshops available and participants can register for one or multiple sessions. Please see below for details on the series.
- Preparation for retirement | 22 February 2023, 11:00 am -12:30 pm
- Menopause in the workplace | 22 March 2023, 11:00 am -12:30 pm
- Positive Ageing | 26 April 2023, 11:00 am -12:30 pm
- Guiding HR professionals to support their staff with caring responsibilities | 24 May 2023, 11:00 am -12:30 pm
- Age Discrimination & recruitment in the workplace | 21 June 2023, 11:00 am -12:30 pm
Each workshop lasts a maximum of 2 hours and can host a maximum of 15 businesses. Each business can appoint two participants.
Registration for the Network will be confirmed upon completion of the Age-Inclusive Business Audit. This tool takes approximately 25 minutes to complete and will give participants an insight into their organisation’s strengths in relations to age inclusion, and identify potential gaps. Each participant will receive a short, confidential report.
Participants of the Network will also become part of the Learning Network Alumni, which gives them access to two networking and celebration events per year and wrap-around business consultancy support if participants would like to develop a business case for action on age inclusion or to draft an age-inclusive action plan.
This workshop includes:
This session aims to inspire and support care-givers to take practical steps to look after their own personal wellbeing so that they can provide the best care for their loved ones.
Supporting HR professionals to:
- Recognise he signs, symptoms and causes of caregiver stress and burnout.
- Create effective communication regarding caregiving responsibilities of employees.
- Building resilience in times of stress
- Signposting to caring for the caregiver support organisations
- Cultivating patience and self-compassion whilst developing empathy and effective communication with others
How it works
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest.
This session will take place on Zoom. Attendees will be emailed a secure link to join following registration.