Age-Inclusive Learning Network online workshops | Preparation for Retirement
The Age-Inclusive Learning Network brings professionals with an interest in age inclusion together online, to hear and share best practice, share learning, network and to hear from a topic expert speaker covering issues such as menopause, recruitment, retirement, pensions and savings, and positive aging.
22 Feb 2023
11:00 am - 12:30 pm
Supporting HR professionals to consider the implications of the menopause for the women in their organisations, to review their current provision and to explore how they can support and retain them through their polices, practices and culture. A major aim of the workshop will be to facilitate discussion around challenges and sharing of solutions and best practice.
There are a range of topic-specific workshops available and participants can register for one or multiple sessions. Please see below for details on the series.
- Preparation for retirement | 22 February 2023, 11:00 am -12:30 pm
- Menopause in the workplace | 22 March 2023, 11:00 am -12:30 pm
- Positive Ageing | 26 April 2023, 11:00 am -12:30 pm
- Guiding HR professionals to support their staff with caring responsibilities | 24 May 2023, 11:00 am -12:30 pm
- Age Discrimination & recruitment in the workplace | 21 June 2023, 11:00 am -12:30 pm
Each workshop lasts a maximum of 2 hours and can host a maximum of 15 businesses. Each business can appoint two participants.
Registration for the Network will be confirmed upon completion of the Age-Inclusive Business Audit. This tool takes approximately 25 minutes to complete and will give participants an insight into their organisation’s strengths in relations to age inclusion, and identify potential gaps. Each participant will receive a short, confidential report.
Participants of the Network will also become part of the Learning Network Alumni, which gives them access to two networking and celebration events per year and wrap-around business consultancy support if participants would like to develop a business case for action on age inclusion or to draft an age-inclusive action plan.
This workshop includes:
Moving towards retirement can be a time of mixed feelings for many employees. What has traditionally been seen as a positive event can also evoke concern about loss of identity, adapting to change, managing finances, health implications and facing the next important stage of life with purpose. In this workshop we will discover the trends in retirement with an aging workforce and the benefits of supporting employees to take control and develop a plan that is unique to them. The workshop will be an opportunity for organisations to review the experiences of their people as they move towards retirement, consider the challenges they face, review what support is already offered and how they can be supported further to make this important transition a positive one.
- Trends in retirement with an aging workforce
- What will retirement look like in the future of work?
- What are the psychological impacts of retirement?
- What are the individual benefits in supporting people to prepare for retirement?
- What are the benefits to the organisation in terms of wellbeing, performance, retention and overall culture?