COP26 NI Roundtable
This invitation-only virtual roundtable will bring together people who are actively making changes in their businesses and practices to tackle the climate crisis.
30 Sep 2021
10:00 - 11:30 am
About the roundtable
This event will bring together organisations who are actively making changes in their businesses and practices to tackle the climate crisis, and who are seeking to inspire others to do so too. Focusing on three of the COP26 topics, this interesting discussion will encourage businesses to go faster and further in their behaviours and actions.
Between 31 October -12 November 2021, Glasgow will host the COP26 UN Climate Change Conference – which is widely regarded as the last chance to radically increase action on climate change.
The following areas have been identified as priority action:
- Adaptation and resilience. ‘Helping people, economies and the environment adapt and prepare for the impacts of climate change.
- ‘Safeguarding ecosystems, protecting natural habitats and keeping carbon out of the atmosphere.
- Energy transition. ‘Seizing the massive opportunities of cheaper renewables and storage.
- Accelerating the move to zero-carbon road transport. ‘By 2040, over half of new car sales worldwide are projected to be electric.
- Finance. ‘We need to unleash the finance which will make all of this possible and power the shift to a zero-carbon economy.
This roundtable will enable participants to share their own views and hear those of others.
This roundtable is by invitation only and only open to Business in the Community (BITC) members. If your business is interested in attending, email our team.