Mindful May with #RETHINK | Four-week series
This four-week series of one-hour mindfulness sessions delivered online will help individuals to improve their wellbeing, enhance focus and concentration, and provide the skills to manage stressful situations more effectively.
07 May 2021
11:00 - 12:00 pm
To be mindful is to be deliberately aware of your body, mind, and feelings in the present moment, in order to create a feeling of calm.
Being mindful about how we approach situations improves our sense of wellbeing and is particularly important at a time when we are all facing challenges to our wellbeing associated to COVID-19, or simply dealing with stressful situations in day-to-day life.
This four-week series, taking place 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM on Fridays throughout May, will highlight the benefits of mindfulness and instruct attendees on how they can practise mindfulness.
Within this series, mental toughness and resilience is the key theme and participants will have the opportunity to learn resilience training techniques that have a powerful effect on our ability to manage stress.
Series learning outcomes
- How to recognise signs of stress overload
- Tools to deal with difficult emotions without getting overwhelmed
- How to develop positive strategies for building resilience
- Skills to be able to shift self-defeating habits and thoughts
- How to achieve clearer mental focus in times of stress
- Mastering self-compassion and cultivating patience
- Friday 7 May: An introduction to mindfulness training and its positive impact on mental health and wellbeing
- Friday 14 May: Releasing tension; exploring how thoughts, feelings and moods affect our actions; and tips to help with focus and concentration
- Friday 21 May: Mindful movement, effective communication, stress and dealing with unpleasant events – learning to respond rather than react
- Friday 28 May: Learning to let things be and ways to stay mindful at work and at home
Attendees can join all sessions or sessions of their choice.
This series is part of the #RETHINK programme, a partnership between Business in the Community NI, ARC Healthy Living Centre, and Bogside & Brandywell Health Forum, which supports individuals to prepare for and cope with life’s uncertainties, with the aim of building resilient individuals and communities.
Anne is an International Mindfulness and Stress Reduction facilitator and the founder and CEO of “Anne Costello Mindfulness”. A leader in her field, Anne received her teacher training at the world-renowned Jon Kabat Zinn Centre for Mindfulness in Massachusetts. She works globally delivering programs in the workplace and in education. Anne has a BSc Hons in Nursing and lives in Belfast with her husband and four sons.
Please contact Shannon McGowan on 07467147277 or email Shannon McGowan for more information or visit www.bitcni.org.uk/rethink to find out more about Business in the Community’s Rethink Your Resilience programme, funded by the National Lottery Community Fund.