Understanding Recruitment & Criminal Records in Northern Ireland
A NIACRO & Business in the Community NI joint workshop for Northern Ireland HR/Recruitment staff on best practice for assessing criminal records.
24 Mar 2021
Join Jonny Pardoe, Disclosure Specialist, NIACRO and Sara Neilson, Employability Manager, Business in the Community NI for a 3 hour workshop where we look at the criminal justice system in Northern Ireland, background checks and best practice when assessing and processing criminal record information during recruitment.
Topics covered on the day include :
- A brief overview of the criminal justice system in Northern Ireland including the roles of the PSNI, PPS, Courts, Prisons and Probation services
- A look at the Rehabilitation of Offenders NI Order 1978 and subsequent changes to the legislation
- The AccessNI certificates vetting system and how to read information contained on a Basic, Standard or Enhanced Certificate
- Best Practice in recruitment when assessing and processing criminal record information
- A guide to ‘Ban the Box NI’ resources for HR/Recruitment Managers and suggested steps to take when reviewing your processes for employing people with criminal convictions
Tickets are limited for this event and these are issued on a first come, first served basis.
There is time allowed during the Workshop for people to ask questions and a follow up information pack will be sent to all attendees post event.
The workshop is aimed at employers who wish to make sure that their knowledge and practice around recruitment and vetting is up to date.
This event is online and will be using the Zoom platform. Link will be sent out to registered attendees and we will open up at 9.15am with the event starting at 9.30am sharp on the day. The 3 hour workshop includes a short comfort break.