Virtual Link & Learn: Boost your Immunity
Throughout the year, Business in the Community runs a series of bite-sized, topical learning sessions for your employees.
21 Oct 2020
10:00 - 10:40 am
Free (BITC members only)
Exclusively for Business in the Community members, this free session is aimed at employees, to help give them the tools to look after their health and wellbeing.
We will be joined by Jackie McWilliams from Active Wellness, who will explore how to naturally boost your immunity, helping you to lead a life free of ill health.
This session will cover the following:
- How to feel stronger and full of life
- What foods to avoid or eat sparingly, and what foods your body will love
- How brain function and the strength of your immune system are affected by what you eat
- How to reduce your risk of living with ill health
- How to lead a fuller life and join in with family activities in 1 month (without having to cut out the things you like)
- How you and your family can eat for the best health of your lives, at any age.
- Using these techniques to build a stronger immune system, so that you can fight off infections
Jackie McWilliams is the Director of Active Wellness. A former finance professional, Jackie discovered that her working environment was affecting her health and wellbeing. Following extensive research and training, she set up Active Wellness to help improve the physical and mental wellbeing of people in the community; and assist others in the same situation.
Based in East Belfast, Active Wellness provides a range of therapeutic massage treatments, self-care tips and yoga within the workplace. It also offers a selection of holistic services and treatments including sports massage, therapeutic massage, and yoga.