We Need to Talk About Carbon
‘We Need to Talk About Carbon’ is one day of interactive climate change training, part of the Carbon Literacy Action Day.
01 Nov 2021
09:00 - 17:00
£100 + VAT per person, however, thanks to the support of DAERA, Business in the Community and Climate NI are delighted to offer 15 places free of charge
Join us on Monday 1 November, as part of the UN COP26 Climate Negotiations and find out more about how your business can take effective action to help tackle the climate crisis.
The training is aimed at small and medium-sized enterprises’ (SMEs) senior staff in Northern Ireland. The training is most suitable for SMEs with under 100 employees. It equips staff with the information they need to understand climate change and take adaptation and mitigation action within their sectors and roles.
To participate in Carbon Literacy Training it costs £100 + VAT per person, however thanks to the support of DAERA, Business in the Community and Climate NI are delighted to offer 15 places free of charge.
Please note places are limited to one person per organisation.
By the end of the training, you will have:
- Gained an understanding of the basic science of climate change and how climate change will affect us both globally and locally.
- Gained an understanding of how climate change will affect the business sector and what role you can play.
- Explored the low carbon and climate resilience objectives in the business sector.
- Created an action plan to help reduce the carbon footprint and create a well-adapted work environment.
- Explored strategies for influencing others to take action on climate change.
The training is accredited by the Carbon Literacy Project. Participants taking part will need to attend and complete the full session to receive the certification.