What next after COP26: Time to deliver a fair and inclusive transition
Join us for an online event with action-orientated discussions on how your business can be part of delivering a just transition.
25 Jan 2022
08:30 - 10:30 am
Open to all BITC members and non-members
Following the UK’s hosting of COP26, Business in the Community UK is bringing together leaders from across sectors in all areas of the UK to get to work on delivering a just transition to a resilient, net zero future where people and nature can thrive.
The event will:
- Share insights from our research with YouGov to understand public perceptions, concerns, barriers to action.
- Find out more about the actions your employees and customers want you to take.
- Enable meaningful, action-orientated discussions on how your business can be part of delivering a just transition, through products, services and operations and within the communities you serve.
- Share BITC’s action plan to mobilise business to deliver a just transition by providing inspiring stories and opportunities to get involved in the next level of development and implementation.
- Provide opportunities for networking and relationship building in person at locations across the UK, alongside the chance to hear from others via virtual linkups.
About BITC’s environment campaign
BITC wants every business to become climate positive. This starts with developing a robust, science-based climate resilience strategy with ambitious net-zero carbon targets. We work to inspire and support our members, working with both those who are on the journey and those yet to start. Through guidance, resources and events, we equip businesses to set targets and develop inclusive action plans with employees, suppliers and community stakeholders. We also campaign for government action to support these actions.
Click here for more information on how Business in the Community NI works with organisations in Northern Ireland to take action on the climate crisis.