Barclays Corporate Banking Higher Apprentice Vacancy
Donegall House, Donegall Square North, Belfast, BT1 5GB
Are you interested in developing a career in financial services? If so, we have an exciting opportunity to join the Corporate Banking team in Barclays, one of the world’s largest banks employing over 100,000 people in 40 countries around the globe.
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic individual who is interested in gaining a professional qualification, while receiving on the job training in our Corporate Banking team in Belfast. You will work as part of a team that supports the growth of many of Northern Ireland’s leading companies.
Our Higher Apprenticeship Programme is everything you need to build a really successful career. Over three years you’ll benefit from personal development and training tailored to your individual job role. You will also be given study leave to work towards a business degree qualification. On successful completion of the programme you will move into a permanent role with Barclays.
The starting salary is £16,000 plus benefits. You will also receive 25 days paid holidays plus Bank Holidays.
What are we looking for?
- Someone who is motivated, proactive, enthusiastic and dedicated to achieving results and high standards
- Excellent communication and planning & organisation skills including good IT skills
- Ability to manage a varied and demanding workload
- Ability to analyse and interpret data, solve problems and make decisions
- A genuine interest in a career in banking
- Commitment to a three-year learning programme
- You must have a minimum of 80 UCAS points from 2017 (or 200 UCAS points pre-2017) or a year’s work experience*
*Please note if you hold a degree level qualification you will not be eligible for this scheme
If you are a team player and possess the qualities above we would like the opportunity to meet you. Candidates will need to provide an up to date CV and covering letter explaining why you are interested in applying for this role.
Candidates can apply online at: https://barclays.taleo.net/careersection/9/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en_GB
Application closing date: 9:00 am Tuesday 29 August
Successful applicants must be available to attend a half-day assessment centre in Belfast on Thursday 31 August.