Share your digital skills and help someone get online.
With many Government and High Street transactions now moving online and technology developing at a rapid rate, it’s more important than ever that people possess the basic skills to make the most of the digital world. Digital Assist aims to deliver just that. You could be helping someone connect with family members via email, introducing them to social media, or even helping them save money through online shopping.
Interconnected is a new initiative in partnership with Radius Housing that calls on business volunteers to use their IT skills to introduce someone to the benefits of the digital world.
Taking place at Radius Housing locations in Belfast, activities range from helping someone connect with family members via email, introducing them to social media, or even helping them save money through online shopping. Volunteers don’t need to be IT experts. All you need is an empathetic approach and the confidence to deliver informal training to a small group, or one a one-to-one basis.
Volunteers are required for the following:
- Radius Housing, Pinetree Manor, Belfast BT17 0FD 16 & 30 October and 13 & 27 November (11:00 am – 12 noon)
- Grahamsbridge Manor, Dundonald, BT16 2QZ 15 & 29 October and 12 & 26 November (11:00 am – 12 noon)
- Lagmore Community Forum, Belfast, BT17 0GE 16 & 30 October, 13 and 27 November (11:00 am – 12 noon)
To volunteer at any of these sessions, email Andy Nisbet Friel at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spring Online Week is dedicated to helping people get online and experience the benefits of the digital world. Date TBC
- Digital Learning Day will take place at libraries across Northern Ireland. This is an opportunity to share your IT skills and introduce people to the online world. Date TBC