An Environmental Management System (EMS) is a structured framework for organisations to reduce and control their environmental impacts.
EMS’s are now widely adopted and offer a number of benefits:
- Helps achieve real cost savings – direct efficiencies in energy, water, waste, purchasing and transport
- Management of environmental risk and ensuring legal compliance
- A valuable engagement process for staff and stakeholders
- Effectively demonstrate commitment and responsibility to key clients, regulators and the public
- Increasingly valuable as a pre-requisite for doing business – EMS accredited certification helping to demonstrate your business’s compliance with supply chain requirements
Business in the Community can advise and support companies wishing to achieve EMS certification in particular to BS 8555.
For more information, e-mail Keelin McCone or tel (028) 9046 0606. email@example.com