Firstsource is one of the UK’s top ten contact centre providers, specialising in providing customer services for leading UK companies in the financial services, healthcare, insurance and telecommunications and media sectors.
It offers a range of customer-facing services, including customer acquisition, customer care, technical support, transaction processing and collections. Service channels include voice, web-chat, online forums and social media.
Firstsource enables clients to achieve business transformation, in addition to improved customer satisfaction, reduced operational costs, delivering process improvements and focussing on core competence.
What Firstsource did
Firstsource is committed to being an ‘Employer of Choice’, offering a great place to work, and somewhere employees can thrive, fulfill their career aspirations and enjoy their working day. As a diverse and fair employer, it embraces Marketplace Responsibility through its commitment to investing in ‘People’ both internally and throughout its communities. People are its key operational asset – so investing in them means investing in the success of the business. Its reputation across local communities is key, as recruitment is centered within these talent pools – often covering socially deprived areas within Belfast and Derry~Londonderry. Firstsource believes that everyone has a fair and equal opportunity to be employed and it encourages applications from those who are long-term unemployed.
Community Engagement is a pillar of our people strategy and is a key element of its employee engagement initiatives.
Impacts and Outcomes
- Information around 5,500 staff on the importance of pollinator plants and provide wildflower seeds to all.
- Trained two members of staff in beekeeping
- Reduced CO2 emissions by almost 50% across travel and energy
- Raised awareness of plastic waste across the organisation through a partnership with Sky and its Ocean Rescue initiative
- Supported 323 long-term unemployed people back into the workplace in three years
- Raised £41,777.44 in three years for Aware, NI Children’s Hospice and The Rainbow Project
- Provided a subsidised degree programme in Customer Contact Management to global employees
- Offer a comprehensive health & wellbeing package to employees
- Contribute more than £5million annually to the Northern Ireland economy
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org