Henry Brothers Ltd is a leading privately-owned Construction and Civil Engineering Company specialising in commercial, custodial, defence and education projects throughout the UK. Henry Brothers is an integral part of the Henry Group which employs 260 people.
Founded in 1976 by Chairman, Jim Henry, as a small construction company, the firm has grown from humble beginnings to one of Northern Ireland’s top construction companies and is now successfully competing against large multinational construction companies operating throughout the UK.
What Henry Bros did
Henry Brothers recognises that wherever its business activities take place, it invariably does so against the backdrop of an often disadvantaged society. Henry Brothers, the wider Henry Group and its many education partners are ‘Altogether Stronger’ by collaborating to create a fairer and more equal society for all.
This collaborative approach enables the business to support local employment and skills opportunities, improve community health and wellbeing, protect and enhance local environments, and finally promote social innovation.
Henry Bros uses stakeholder analysis and engagement to deliver project specific education partnerships that provide real social value, and help to inspire the future generation.
Education partnering activities include:
- Partnering with a local school and nutritional therapist to challenge pupils and its staff to consider the health eating agenda through a cookery competition
- Hosting industry visits for schools and youth organisations for the disadvantaged in society which provides them with the opportunity to have a go at trades such as plastering, tiling, bricklaying or joinery as well as using virtual reality technology
- Providing a company-sponsored GCSE Construction education partnering event catering through the employment of a social enterprise who provides training and work experience opportunities for young people with learning disabilities or autism
Impacts and Outcomes
- Strategic plans to grow the Company underpinned by its core company values, coupled with a sound CR strategy has contributed to a on target 16% increase in turnover and profits in the first year of the company’s 5-year growth plan
- By replicating its NI success in community engagement, Henry Bros has grown its share of the Midlands and wider UK market significantly – in two years, they have secured 4 projects worth £32m
- Continual pursuit of excellence in education partnering through innovation has resulted in the Company being awarded a Silver Award at the 2017 Considerate Constructors Scheme National Site Awards
- Staff participation in education partnering activities has positively impacted on general wellbeing and motivation
For more information, please email: email@example.com