Henry Brothers Limited is a leading privately-owned Construction and Civil Engineering Company specialising in commercial, custodial, defence and education projects throughout the UK. Henry Brothers is an integral part of the Henry Group that employs 260 people.
Founded in 1976 by Chairman, Jim Henry, as a small construction company, the firm has grown from humble beginnings to one of Northern Ireland’s top construction companies and is now successfully competing against large multinational construction companies operating throughout the UK.
What Henry Brothers Limited did
Sustainability is instilled in the culture of Henry Brothers Ltd. Through its Business Continuity Plan, it seeks to address the social economic and Environmental risks facing our business today.
Henry Brothers recently developed a new brand ‘Altogether Stronger’ which reinforces the company ethos; working together for their workforce, society and the environment. Henry Brothers has a dedicated Environmental Manager in place, supported by two Environmental Advisors and a research student.
Henry Brothers is proud of its consistent approach to Environmental Management and has developed new initiatives and programmes including:
- Spearheading Business in the Community’s Sustainability Professionals’ Forum
- Establishing a ‘Greening the Supply Chain Project’ which is designed to encourage and support subcontractors to invest in Environmental Management
- A Research and Development Programme sponsoring students at Queen’s University Belfast through work placements
- Developing a Schools Education Programme
- Working in conjunction with the Industrial Symbiosis Programme to minimise waste throughout the business
Impacts and Outcomes
- Achieved Platinum in the NI Environmental Benchmarking Survey, and has recorded continual improvement in energy reduction year-on-year, plus a reduction in C02
- Developed a synergy with ISL Waste Management and is working to divert all food waste to anaerobic digestion
- Achieved zero waste to landfill on 100% of projects (except in remote locations)
- More than 400 children on tours of the company’s nature reserve to learn about biodiversity
- Research Programme helping to shape research in topical areas in Environmental Management in Northern Ireland
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org