Henry Brothers Ltd is a leading privately-owned Construction and Civil Engineering Company specialising in commercial, custodial, defence and education projects throughout the UK.
Henry Brothers is an integral part of the Henry Group which employs 260 people, whose core activities compliment and support our construction business.
Henry Brothers was founded in 1976 by our Chairman, Jim Henry, as a small construction company. Under Jim’s leadership the Company has grown from humble beginnings to one of Northern Ireland’s top construction companies and is now successfully competing against large multinational construction companies operating throughout the UK.
What Henry Brothers did
Henry Bros recognise that wherever its business activities take place, it invariably does so against the backdrop of a wider and often disadvantaged society. Henry Brothers, the broader Henry Group and their many CR partners are ‘Altogether Stronger’ through collaboration as aim to tackle some challenging issues to deliver real social value.
Commitment to ensuring responsible business is integrated into daily operations is headed up by the Group CR Director, co-ordinated by Group CR Manager, and supported by ‘Champions’ in each area PEOPLE, PLANET and PLACE.
Over the years, Henry Bros has built a reputation as a responsible leader and advocates of the benefits gained by building stronger communities and protecting the planet through sustainable solutions.
Improving staff health, wellbeing and engagement has been a main strategic focus over the past two years. This has been facilitated by reviewing the way they communicate with staff; introducing staff feedback forms; and initiating focus groups within all areas of the business.
Its CR Strategy focuses on Sustainability; Environment; Nature; Society; and Employees.
Impacts and Outcomes
- Signposted more than 70 supply chain partners to promote employee opportunities in the community
- A geo-filter was created on Snapchat to follow site progress. After the first day 172 people had used the filter, sending photos to 3,728 people with the filter applied
- Provided sessions to staff and partners on mental health awareness; work life balance; and coping with debt
- Enable staff to volunteer for Time To Read during working hours
- Sponsored STEM events
- As a member of the Skills Forum, it is supporting the economic development plan for the area that seeks to create and sustain 3,000 jobs, support 1,500 businesses and provide employment and training opportunities for 4,000 people by 2020
For more information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org