Lidl Northern Ireland operates 38 stores, located across every major town in Northern Ireland. It currently employs more than 800 staff in stores and at its distribution centre and offices based at Nutt’s Corner.
Its commitment to communities has always been a priority. Sourcing produce and working with local suppliers has been crucial to its success. It looks forward to further strengthening its connection with local communities through its sustainability strategy and its commitment to providing a safe and nurturing environment for its employees, being an active and positive contributor to the communities in which it operates.
What Lidl Northern Ireland did
Over the last number of years, Lidl Northern Ireland has demonstrated its’ commitment to Northern Ireland. Through continuous engagement with customers and colleagues, it has developed and strengthened its community initiatives.
Lidl Community Works is one of the five pillars of its sustainability strategy “A Better Tomorrow”. Through this, it operates a charity of the week initiative where staff nominate a local charity to support. Lidl’s colleagues wanted more opportunities to better engage with their local communities, and so Lidl gave store teams the opportunity to make donations to local groups and projects which they felt were deserving of support.
Lidl also raises money for a nominated charity partner, formerly CLIC Sargent which came to an end 2017; Lidl’s new charity partner is NSPCC.
Lidl launched a ‘Feed it Back’ network which has allowed the company to redistribute its surplus food which benefits local charities and has increased morale and engagement throughout its stores.
Impacts and Outcomes
- Now in its fourth year, Lidl Community Works has reached out to more than 750 Community groups across Northern Ireland
- More than £250,000 donated to charities through Community Works in 2017- all nominated by customers in each of Lidl’s 38 stores in Northern Ireland
- £272,000 raised for CLIC Sargent through more than 180 events held by Lidl’s charity champions
- £77,576 raised for NSPCC through its first fundraising initiative as part of its new charity partnership
- The ‘Feed it Back’ network has created over 110,000 meals, supporting those in Northern Ireland who need it most
For more information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org