Terex Corporation is a global manufacturer that serves a broad range of industries, including construction, infrastructure, manufacturing, shipping, transportation, refining, energy, utilities, quarrying and mining.
Terex employs approximately 11,000 people worldwide and had $4.4bn net sales in 2016.
What Terex GB Ltd did
Within Terex, leaders promote corporate responsibility by actively working towards the goals of the organisation whilst demonstrating the Terex values, one of which is citizenship by being respectful of the communities in which it does business, and in providing products and services that make life better for its customers and their customers.
The senior leaders within Terex GB Ltd were bought into the responsible business agenda and through members of Business in the Community, the organisation has a more structured approach to corporate social responsibility activity. Through this, the senior leaders have set a good example for the rest of the organisation and actively encourage participation, championed by the HR team.
During its recent Resilience programme, it had several senior managers participate in the programme along with other team members, with positive feedback received through programme evaluations.
Terex believes it has a good reputation and well-established partnerships with local schools, colleges, universities, training providers, suppliers, etc, and is a good role model for other organisations.
Impacts and Outcomes
- Achieved Platinum status in the Northern Ireland Environmental Benchmarking Survey
- As well as providing machinery and equipment, Terex also had team members serve as key advisors and contributors at South West College, Dungannon
- Engaged with the Aspire programme to offer work experience and knowledge development with a view to helping secure employment
- A proven track record of offering learning and personal development to many students from secondary school level to university level
- Terex was awarded a four-star rating in Investors in Zero Waste recognition by Let’s Recycle
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org