Danske Bank is the trading name of Northern Bank Ltd, NI’s biggest bank and part of the local community for over 200 years. It is an autonomous subsidiary of the Danske Bank Group, headquartered in Copenhagen.
Danske Bank’s vision is to be the best bank in Northern Ireland for its customers, colleagues, society and partners. It aims to create a positive and constructive environment which allows every employee to perform at their best.
What Danske Bank did
Danske Bank has made employee health and wellbeing an integral part of its engagement strategy.
A Wellbeing Committee has been established to shape, inform and drive a wellbeing agenda and the committee represents all areas of the business, with a reporting line to its Executive sponsor.
Throughout the course of the Wellbeing Committee meetings, EXCO meetings, absence management strategy and a formal partnership with Action Mental Health, the Bank has sustained focus on mental health and wellbeing using the CIPD ‘flower model’ to structure its approach. This has ensured that organisational needs and employee preferences are aligned with organisation’s Responsible Business agenda, internally and externally.
Impacts and Outcomes
- 117 internal employees were appointed for internal roles during 2018
- 89% employee engagement
- £60,000 raised for Action Mental Health
- 2105 employee volunteer hours donated through Time to Give
- Raised awareness of Mental Health, Mental Wellbeing, Fraud and Financial Literacy
- Collaboration with Belfast City Council to provide paid work experience through the Sentinus Programme
- Joined the Disability Forum
- Launched the Danske Women’s Network
Participation in 2018 Belfast Pride and LGBTQ+ committee established
For more information, please email email@example.com