Top tips for entering
Throughout your application, please clearly identify what actions your business has taken during the COVID crisis to meet the criteria for each award category. We appreciate that for this awarding period, the numbers impacted by your work may be lower than those for a established programme and allowances will be made for this.
- Explain the obvious – assume the judges know nothing about your organisation or the programme in question.
- Emphasise the business benefits and benefits to employees and other stakeholders, where applicable.
- Judges are looking for clear examples of responsible business practice which go above and beyond your core business activity in terms of demonstrating commitment to pro-active social, economic and environmental sustainability by both management and the whole organisation, acting as a role model for other organisations and helping to set and exceed standards for responsible business practice.
- DO NOT restrict your entry to initiatives where you are involved with Business in the Community. We are particularly interested in other initiatives and projects which companies have initiated outside of their Business in the Community relationship.
- When describing an established project, try to demonstrate how it is sustainable and replicable in other organisations. Pilot schemes may be used if you can demonstrate how these have related to the broader community investment context within the organisation and if they have solid measured analysis.
- Clearly demonstrate the impact of any work/programme referred to and how it was measured
- Awards open for entries: Wednesday 31 March 2021
- How to Enter Workshop: Tuesday 20 April 2:00PM – 2:30PM. Click here to sign up.
- How to Enter Workshop: Tuesday 27 April 1:00PM – 1:30PM. Click here to sign up.
- Closing date for entries: Friday 11 June 2021
- Shortlisting: 14 – 25 June 2021
- Judging Panels (online): w/c 9 August 2021
- Awards event (online): 7 September 2021
If you require any further information, please email Clare Mercer.