Explore a range of resources made available to you on this section of the Hub, and feel free to share resources you have found useful, or created, too.
- COP26 is here – This week sees the start of the two-week UN Climate Change Conference COP26. Taking place in Glasgow and set to be the UK’s biggest global summit, COP26 is a significant milestone in the UK’s push towards achieving its target net zero carbon by 2050. It affords government, businesses, NGOs, lobbyists and individual citizens a unique opportunity to campaign on climate issues. Northern Ireland must play its part, and business is a key stakeholder.
- FSB Net Zero Report – read the full report, as well as key findings and recommendations
- Hear from our partners about their commitments to climate action – Arup, Business in the Community, firmus energy, Translink, and The Irish News
- TOOLKIT: Ten Steps in Ten Weeks – A step-by-step guide for businesses to create a more sustainable future, including case study examples from COP26 NI Business Hub partners Translink and Arup
- FACTSHEET: COP26 – What does it mean for responsible business? – This short factsheet will help you understand what COP26 is, what will happen there, and the targets and themes to be discussed at the event
- FACTSHEET: Five steps to greater resource productivity and waste management – This factsheet outlines practical steps your business can take to begin your journey to eliminate avoidable waste
- PODCAST: TRANSLINK The role of transport in building a cleaner and greener economy, infrastructure and future – Hear from Chris Conway, Group Chief Executive about how Translink is keeping the trains, buses and coaches running across Northern Ireland as the company deploys is sustainable fleet; and Seye Odukogbe, Co-Founder of Routemasters & Founder of Cycle to Class
- FSB Small Business Sustainability Hub – This is a recently launched UK-wide site gives a countdown to COP26, as well as useful information on Net Zero. Keep checking back as new information will be continually added
- The Broadway Initiative, Zero Carbon Business Portal – The FSB was heavily involved in the creation and ongoing development of this Net Zero hub. It has a lot of information and resources to help businesses begin on their low carbon journeys. Why not check it out?
- NI Business Info – Have a look at this site for guides and advice for businesses re: efficiency and the environment, including carbon emissions and climate change
- A revolutionary project undertaken by Encirc (a Vidrala company), and industry research and technology organisation, Glass Futures, has proven that new bottles are able to be made from 100% recycled glass, using only the energy from burning ultra-low-carbon biofuels
- Visit Belfast and Belfast City Council put sustainability at heart of new tourism industry support scheme
- Interface Expands Availability of New Carbon Negative Product Innovations across Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia
- Devenish’s sustainable farming initiative – Agrinewal gives farmers the power to manage carbon balance and cut global emissions
- BBC seeks young people from across the UK to tell stories about climate change – BBC Young Reporter – Climate Stories is a talent search for 18-24 year old content creators and young people interested in working in the media who have original ideas about environment and climate change-related stories and reporting
- Reducing carbon footprints with science-based targets – Encirc (encirc360.com)
- Brewing a Better World Through Collaboration and Innovation Attributed to Yashica Kasiram, Sustainability Manager Packaging at Heineken – Encirc (encirc360.com)
- Diageo and Encirc collaborate on sustainable Scotch bottle – Business in the Community (bitc.org.uk)
- PODCAST | ABP – Sustainable Beef Podcast Episode 1 – In association with meat processors @ABP, three-part series The Sustainable Beef Podcast explores how farmers and the farming industry are working together to meet net zero targets. Listen and find out more: [link] #COP26NI
SURVEY | Belfast Business Sustainability Survey – A comprehensive picture of the attitudes of Belfast business to climate change (October 2021)
- Glass Made Good – Encirc Video – Hear from Encirc, on its four core pillars and committed sustainability journey.
To submit your resource to the Hub, please email us or complete the form below.