The CORE Standard for Responsible Business has been designed to support businesses that are committed to integrating corporate responsibility into the way they do business. CORE is based on Business in the Community’s Corporate Responsibility (CR) framework.
CORE enables you to map your entire corporate responsibility activity and benchmark it against other organisations, all independently verified by an external assessor. Assessment of business performance take place across eleven key corporate responsibility areas:
PURPOSE & GOVERNANCE
Climate & Carbon
Nature & Biodiversity
Achieving the CORE Standard delivers multiple benefits to your organisation:
- Provides verification and recognition of best practice in corporate responsibility and sustainability
- Provides a baseline to develop and continuously improve your CR strategy, processes, measurement and reporting
- Enhances employer brand and increases trust and stakeholder confidence
- Benchmarks your organisation against the leading Northern Ireland business and public sector organisations; as well as gaining the opportunity to learn and share best practice with others
- Provides a structured management tool to help collate and refine CR activity happening across the organisation
- Supports your business to grow. CORE provides a valuable independent accreditation of your corporate responsibility and sustainability performance which can be very important in tendering processes
- Enables entry to win Northern Ireland Responsible Company of the Year at the annual Responsible Business Awards
Allen & Overy, Belfast Harbour, Henry Brothers, George Best Belfast City Airport, Openreach, and firmus energy have held CORE – The Standard for Responsible Business accreditation since the prestigious accolade was launched 10 years ago
The following companies have achieved CORE, click on the logos to find out more.
Our CORE team is happy to meet with you to explore CORE accreditation for your business. To request a meeting, please contact Rachael Adams.
The accreditation process is as follows:
First accreditation – £3,000 +VAT. First-time accreditation remains valid for two years.
Reaccreditation – £3000 + VAT. All re-accreditations are valid for three years.