Nominate your colleague for this prestigious environmental recognition award
The George Dawson Award celebrates the significant contribution a business person has made to improving the environmental performance of his or her organisation, and recognises the impact of that contribution on the environment and on the wider community. Winners are nominated by a colleague.
The award was established in 2008 to pay tribute to the memory of George Dawson, former Director of Business in the Community’s ARENA Network. George passed away in 2007 following a short illness. He was with Business in the Community for nine years and, during that time, he developed the ARENA Network (now Business in the Community’s Environmental Sustainability) campaign into a highly respected and successful driver for corporate environmental improvement in Northern Ireland. George is credited for launching the Environmental Benchmarking Survey in 1998.
The award recognises those from a corporate background, as opposed to someone who works for an environmental organisation.
For example, someone who:
- Is seen as an environmental leader or champion, both within and outside of his or her organisation
- Leads by example and inspires others
- Raises environmental awareness, both internally and within the wider community
- Has introduced innovative solutions to environmental challenges across the company
- Significantly decreases the environmental impacts and/or cost savings for the organisation
- Undertakes environmental actions above and beyond the call of duty
- Offers support and guidance to other organisations
2022 George Dawson Award winner, Fiacre O’Donnell, Sustainability Director, Vidrala
Hear from Fiacre’s colleagues on how Fiacre has improved environmental impacts for the organisation.