Creative Industries Event showcases career options for students
Business in the Community held a Creative Industries Event at BELB Fortwilliam Resource Centre, Belfast, in partnership with the North Belfast Area Learning Community (ALC)
The event brought together 13 companies and 110 students from ten post-primary schools and one special school in the North Belfast (ALC). The students were inspired and informed about the range of opportunities available in the creative industries sector in Northern Ireland and learned about different job roles, career pathways, skills required, and work experience opportunities in the sector.
For the 13 participating companies, the event was a valuable chance to showcase the range of options and opportunities within the creative industries sector to help aid with future talent searching and succession planning.
Listen to the podcast below to hear what students, and representatives from BITCNI, creative industry companies and the North Belfast ALC, got from the event. (07:43 minutes in length)
For more information please email Emma Morrison, or call (028) 9046 0606.
- Emma Morrison, Education Manager, Business in the Community Northern Ireland
- Jonny Smith, Chair Careers Group, North Belfast ALC
- David McConnell, Education and Careers Manager, NI Screen
- Mitchell Logue, Student, Royal Belfast Academical Institution
- Shakira Douglas, Student, Belfast Royal Academy
- Glen Lucas, Student, Glengormley High School
- Nicola Hollis, Project Manager, BBC