Northern Ireland construction company Henry Brothers named winner of prestigious responsible business award
Henry Brothers Ltd has been named NI Responsible Company of the Year at Business in the Community’s 2021 Responsible Business Awards.
A panel of independent judges awarded Henry Brothers with this prestigious top award for demonstrating the implementation of a wide range of successful corporate responsibility initiatives that strategically address key issues and challenges in a way that creates value for both society and the business.
Winners in all eleven responsible business categories were announced at a hybrid Awards event, hosted in-studio by TV and weather presenter Barra Best and broadcast live across Business in the Community’s digital platforms.
Northern Ireland’s leading responsible companies were recognised for outstanding contributions to their people, the planet and the places where they operate, with categories that cover all themes in responsible business, including wellbeing, diversity and inclusion, environment, community, digital innovation, and more.
The Awards, organised by responsible business network Business in the Community, take place annually and in 2021 the event was run in partnership with JP Corry, SPAR and Department for Communities, and in association with Ulster Business and U105.
The eleven 2021 winners were:
- NI Responsible Company of the Year, sponsored by Asda – Henry Brothers Ltd
- Age-Friendly Business Award, sponsored by Age-Friendly Network – Bank of Ireland
- Diversity and Inclusion Award, sponsored by Belfast Harbour – AMS
- Education Partnership Award, sponsored by Allen & Overy – Heron Bros. Ltd
- Environmental Leadership Award, sponsored by Heron Bros – Danske Bank
- Innovation in Employability Award, sponsored by George Best Belfast City Airport – Translink
- Investing in Your Community Award, sponsored by Arthur Cox – PwC
- Responsible Digital Innovation Award, sponsored by Allstate NI – Sentireal Ltd
- One-to-Watch Award, sponsored by Ciena – Dowds Group
- Responsible Product / Service Award, sponsored by Translink – Huhtamaki
- Wellbeing at Work Award, sponsored by Larne Port – Northern Ireland Water
Kieran Harding, Managing Director, Business in the Community says: “Congratulations to each of the winning organisations for leading the way in responsible business. This year has been really challenging for a lot of businesses and people in Northern Ireland, so I want to thank our winning, highly commended, and shortlisted organisations for continuing to make responsible business action a priority.
“The judging process of the Awards is robust, and the standard of entries was phenomenally high this year. All winners demonstrated true leadership in the area of responsible business and their entries are sure to inspire others in their own responsible business journey.”
Online attendees of the event enjoyed a community digital showcase highlighting positive stories of business action for the benefit of communities during the past year. Entertainment pieces included a performance of uplifting original song ‘Calendar’ by Northern Ireland singer Daisie Conway, and a specially commissioned poem ‘Defining Hope’ screened at the event was written and performed by Belfast-based poet Niamh McNally.
For more information and to see a full list of 2021 winners and their case studies, visit www.bitcni.org.uk/awards.