To ensure a liveable future and limit the increase in global temperatures to 1.5°C, businesses must play their part and work to urgently reduce their greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions.
By signing the Climate Action Pledge, and setting and striving to achieve ambitious GHG reduction targets, Northern Ireland organisations can demonstrate their commitment and willingness to collaborate to address this critical issue, as part of their race to net zero.
Download the Pledge document here.
By signing the Pledge, signatory organisations commit to reduce their absolute scope 1 and scope 2 greenhouse gas emissions by either 30% or 50% by 2030; and to work towards measuring and reporting their scope 3 GHG emissions. The chosen base year must be 2015 or thereafter.
If your organisation does not measure its GHG emissions yet or you’re not sure what scope 1, scope 2 and scope 3 is, we have the resources to help. Email us a at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how we can support you, or take a look at the resources section below.
Still not sure if your organisation is ready to sign the Climate Action Pledge? Take a look at our Climate Action Pledge Flow Chart to help you figure out your next steps, or how to get started.
We’ve created a bank of resources to help you get started and navigate your climate action journey, download from the links below. Please check back on this webpage as these will be added to and updated regularly.
- Word Document: The Climate Action Pledge
- PDF: Why now is the time to start your climate journey – Seize the opportunity to build back better
- How to get started on your climate journey – Practical actions to start measuring and reporting your GHG emissions, set a target, and define a strategy
- Webinar | Business Action on Climate
We will support you to achieve the targets of the Pledge
Through the campaign we will support signatories to achieve the targets of the Pledge by providing:
- Bespoke training, e-learning and education opportunities for senior management and staff
- Support with development and evaluation of strategies and action plans through workshops
- Sector-focused Climate Action Toolkits
- Signposting to useful resources from Business in the Community and external organisations
- Support with measurement, reporting and communicating progress to key stakeholders
- Links to carbon offsetting opportunities at a local level
- Best practice examples and case studies
- Networking and profiling opportunities through BITC communication channels and events
Please contact email@example.com to discuss your organisation becoming a Climate Action Pledge signatory.