It is important for staff members going through the menopause that this experience is recognised by line managers; and that they are supported through this, sometimes challenging, period of their lives.
Educating staff about the menopause can empower individuals to make better decisions about their own physical and mental health with the support of an informed and understanding line manager.
Through online clinics and 1-to-1s, our facilitators aim to inform and educate line managers to better support their staff when going through this time and provide information for employees on managing menopause symptoms.
We have also developed a range of toolkits, factsheets and guides for our members to help line managers and colleagues deal with this important issue well in the workplace. For more information on the resources available, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How it works
Menopause Clinics can take place at any date, and are available all year. Each organisation will have its own Clinic, which will take place online at a date and time agreed with you. All you have to do is advertise it to your staff.
Aimed at staff experiencing the Menopause and and line managers, clinics include:
- Menopause Training for line managers: legal requirements, reasonable adjustments, menopause policy
- Psychological Impact of Menopause: what is happening; CBT techniques, managing anxiety
- Nutrition & Fitness: how and why diet impacts the menopause, foods to avoid
- Managing Symptoms: medical & non-medical response to Menopause, pros & cons of HRT, other medical therapies, alternative therapies
Benefits to staff
- Improved physical and mental wellbeing
- Knowledge and empowerment
- The opportunity to gain 1-to-1 advice from experts
- Line managers can better support their staff wellbeing
Benefits to the organisation
- Reduced absences
- Staff engagement
- Staff retention
- Draft Menopause policy for your organisation
How to sign up
To sign up, please complete the form below and someone will get back to you.
If you have any queries, please contact Stephanie Reid on (028) 9046 0606, or email email@example.com.