Join this volunteering initiative for children at Key Stage 2, helping to teach them how to code, build their confidence and develop their social skills.
How does it work?
- All you need is a passion for ICT and coding and an interest in enabling children to explore their potential
- We’ll match you with pupils in a Primary school close to your home or place of work
- We ask that you attend for one hour each week to work with the children on coding projects and activities
- The initial commitment is for a school term with the option to extend
- Business in the Community and Code Club will provide training, volunteer/schools matches, and manage the ACCESSNI clearance process
- All you need to do is turn up and enjoy the sessions!
Why get involved?
- Great personal development opportunity
- A huge sense of achievement
- Guaranteed rewarding and enjoyable experience
- Help raise young people’s aspirations and develop their skills for the future
- Digital technology is growing and continues to have a significant impact on our schools, workplaces, economy and wider society
- The ICT sector is forecast to deliver the greatest level of job growth between 2016 and 2026 – an estimated 63%
For more information on Time to Code, please email Ciara Mulgrew or call (028) 9046 0606.