Join this volunteering initiative for children at Key Stage 2, helping to teach them how to code, build their confidence and develop their social skills.
How does it work?
- All you need is a passion for ICT and coding and an interest in enabling children to explore their potential
- We’ll match you with pupils in a Primary school close to your home or place of work
- We ask that you attend for one hour each week to work with the children on coding projects and activities
- The initial commitment is for a school term with the option to extend
- Business in the Community and Code Club will provide training, volunteer/schools matches, and manage the ACCESSNI clearance process
- All you need to do is turn up and enjoy the sessions!
Why get involved?
- Great personal development opportunity
- A huge sense of achievement
- Guaranteed rewarding and enjoyable experience
- Help raise young people’s aspirations and develop their skills for the future
- Digital technology is growing and continues to have a significant impact on our schools, workplaces, economy and wider society
- The ICT sector is forecast to deliver the greatest level of job growth between 2016 and 2026 – an estimated 63%
This programme takes place across Northern Ireland. For more information, email Ciara Mulgrew, Programme Executive on (028) 9046 0606. If you are located in the North West, please email Sarah Quinn, or call (028) 7186 1550.