Take action on the climate emergency
Business in the Community is leading a new collaborative climate campaign – Business Action on Climate – that will put Northern Ireland businesses at the forefront of action on the climate emergency.
Together with the CBI, FSB, IoD and NI Chamber, we are calling on organisations of all sizes and from all sectors to sign a Business Climate Pledge and commit to take action on the biggest challenge facing our planet, with the support and guidance of Business in the Community.
The terms of the Pledge will be set and agreed by the Climate Champions, a steering group made up of representatives from Business in the Community member organisations.
We’re in this together
Through the campaign we will support signatories to achieve the targets of the Pledge by providing:
- Bespoke training, e-learning and education opportunities for senior management and staff
- Support with development and evaluation of strategies and action plans through workshops
- Sector-focused Climate Action Toolkits
- Signposting to useful resources from Business in the Community and external organisations
- Support with measurement, reporting and communicating progress to key stakeholders
- Links to carbon offsetting opportunities at a local level
- Best practice examples and case studies
- Networking and profiling opportunities through BITC communication channels and events
Please email Geraldine Noe, Head of Environmental Sustainability, to register your interest in taking the Pledge.