Climate Champions will involve businesses across a range of sectors. Specifically, this will include:
- Medium-sized businesses (100-499 employees)
- Small businesses (fewer than 100 employees)
What to expect as an SME participant
The project would deliver on the following outcomes:
- Reduction in levels of Co2 equivalent emissions among participating SMEs
- Creation of decarbonisation plans: each participating SME will produce a Climate Action Plan based on achieving 50% reduction in scope 1 and 2 emissions by 2030 and commitment to reducing scope 3, on a baseline year of no earlier than 2015
- Organisations will be engaged in knowledge transfer activity, to encourage participants to share processes, practices, and results with other SMEs in their cohort
- Businesses have the potential to introduce new products/services to their organisations as result of the programme. We have identified that a number of the businesses will introduce new services or products as a consequence of their participation in the Climate Action Programme.
- Businesses have the potential to innovate and introduce new products/services to the market as a result of participation in the programme
Want to take part as an SME participant but haven’t been recruited through a climate champion? Get in touch to discuss taking part as part of a Business in the Community cohort email@example.com.
Find out how other SMEs in Northern Ireland found their experience within the Climate Action Programme.
- Acheson and Glover | Celebrating Climate Action
- Ardmore Advertising & Marketing Ltd | Climate Action Programme
- Danske Bank – Accelerating Climate Action
- Galgorm Collection | Climate Action Programme
- Linwoods | Celebrating Climate Action
- Mahlatini’s sustainability journey continues to grow from strength to strength
- SUKI Tea Makers | Climate Action Programme